Personal reflections, impressions, and observations on the real and the imaginary that make up my world of perception.



Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!

So out goes the Year of our Lord 2010 and in comes 2011. And for me it's been the usual mixed bag, with nothing exceptional or outstanding, or put another way, it's been no great shakes. But, having said that, it hasn't been a bad year either. There have been some good moments and some not so good moments and very few downright bad moments. In some ways it has been less than I had hoped for and in other ways it has produced some unexpected welcome outcomes. I've had bust-ups and knock-backs but also some worthwhile new encounters. But no demises and no sad losses. I would have liked it to be better but it could have been much worse. In matters of the heart, it's been a bit disappointing but nothing that cannot be remedied with a little more effort on my part. There is still all to play for, as they say, and I have expectations of the coming year, hoping that what proved unattainable in 2010 will be more amenable in 2011. Only time will tell.

I have learnt some lessons from the past twelve months and I go into the new year on a changed course, a new tack. I only hope for a favourable wind to fill my sails and take me forward. I'm at an age where I have no illusions about what life has to offer in general and what it is likely to offer me in particular. And, like most people, I nurture hope in my breast and I have dreams in my head and, health and fate permitting, I look to fulfil them in the coming months and years, be it in full or in part, at least while I still have a pulse! In fact, though it may seem paradoxical, partial fulfilment is preferable to total achievement, as the former allows scope for more and serves as a spur to greater effort, as well as enabling us to dream on. And when all's said and done, that is the stuff of life... hopes and dreams. When we have neither the one nor the other, we may as well lie down and die!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment